Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Battle of Legends - Brilliant Idea, or Uber-Fest Nightmare?

Well, you can sign up for the Battle of Legends! The online tournament allows for the use of any Pokémon, regardless of species, generation, or tier...with the exception of Diancie. Needless to say, it's a bit...worrisome. How do you structure your team for something like that? I mean, it's a brilliant plan-- people can use their Pokémon from previous generations for a major tournament! But, it means that Ubers aren't banned. I'm not sure whether I should load my team up with my precious beasts from Gen 5, or simply stock it with various legendaries. I also worry about Kyogre...as it's one of the most dangerous Ubers out there. I'm at least taking my Blaziken, and probably Nix (my Latios from Black 2). The pairing of Vincere (my shiny Garchomp) and Clavicus (my Therian Forme Landorus) is legendary on its own, since they compliment each other so well. Vincere can wreak havoc with Earthquake while Clavicus stands by unfazed. I may very well take my end-of-Generation-5 team and adapt it for this tournament...because, normally, none of them can participate in tournaments.

I'm a bit worried about those people who will take a team of full Ubers (the evil Zekrom/Kyurem/Yveltal/Dialga/Giratina/Kyogre team comes to mind), however, so I suppose that having a Fairy-type on my team will be necessary...it'll probably be Gardevoir, taking the place of Lua, my Cresselia. Blaze, my Heatran, will be substituted for my Blaziken...ah, I should stop talking about my team and just make a Trainer Card for it!


So, there you go. I realized that the final slot in my Gen 5 team was always dynamic, and so I opted to put another Dragon counter in there...Beowulf, the Kyurem that I caught in just a Poké Ball. Their move-sets haven't been finalized (and, in the case of Beowulf and Vincere, need total restructuring), but I can at least give you names:
- Vincere, Shiny Garchomp
- Clavicus, Therian Forme Landorus
- Gardevoir (from Ireland)
- Blaziken (X & Y event)
- Nix, Latios from Black 2
- Beowulf, Kyurem from Black 2

No comments:

Post a Comment